Today’s show is about flying at night without a waiver.
Our caller for today, Bob has called in with an extremely relevant question today. Bob’s question is about flying at night without a waiver. With daylight waiver to fly at night all set to become history, is there any benefit to applying for a Wide Area Authorization? Additionally, he is also wondering about the procedure to fly in controlled airspace near an airport that is not LAANC-enabled.
With the recent changes to Part 107, drone pilots shall soon be able to fly without a waiver. On today’s show, you will receive some latest information and expert tips so that you can legally fly at night without a waiver.
Part 107 pilots will also get some great value from the latter half of the show where Paul reveals how you can capture data in a zero grid area even when you don’t have the necessary permission to fly.
We also discuss if it is possible for pilots to get the necessary flight permissions and operate profitable drone businesses in cities like Las Vegas and New York. Thanks for the great question, Bob. Fly Safe!
Get Your Biggest and Most Common Drone Certificate Questions Answered by Downloading this FREE Part 107 PDF
Make sure to get yourself the all-new Drone U landing pad!
Get your questions answered: https://thedroneu.com/.
If you enjoy the show, the #1 thing you can do to help us out is to subscribe to it on iTunes. Can we ask you to do that for us real quick? While you’re there, leave us a 5-star review, if you’re inclined to do so. Thanks! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-drone-u/id967352832.
Become a Drone U Member. Access to over 30 courses, great resources, and our incredible community.
Site – https://thedroneu.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/droneu
Instagram – https://instagram.com/thedroneu/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/thedroneu
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/droneu
- [03:07]Today’s show is brought to you by our Mini Landing Pads and our all-new PROPS Flight School
- [08:57]Today’s question is about flying at night without a waiver
- [10:53]How to get Wide Area Authorization in LAANC-enabled airports
- [12:09]New Part 107 Drone Rule changes eliminating night-time waivers
- [12:55]Expert tips to help you get your night-time waiver approved
- [15:29]Controlled airspace leading to non-compliance and illegal flights in Vegas
- [18:33]Getting the necessary flight permissions by building relationships with the ATC
- [22:10]Can you get permission to fly in a zero grid area?
- [23:13]Hacks to legally capture data in a zero grid area even if you don’t get the necessary permissions to fly
- [24:47]Holding the FAA accountable – With airspace approvals being so difficult, what can drone pilots possibly do?